Schwinn Sprint 10 speed 1985







This bike was bought a couple of summers ago at a garage sale as Anna and I were turning the corner at 48th and Harrison. It was sitting on the drive way and the sale was just about over. I pulled over and parked and Anna chose to stay in the truck, eyes rolled. During the morning errands we had to swing by the bank so I happened to have some cash in my possession. 



This is the first test ride after replacing the ti


Laura and I delivered bikes to Keaton and Shelby in Glenn Carbon. we took Keaton's Diamond Back and Shelby's new Schwinn that Katon gave her for Christmas. this will be the wheels for his new commuter / recreation life down south. H





Trek 720 Mountain bike 1991 that Jim picked up for me at his neighbors garage sale. I paid $25 for this one. It was black and needed some work. The person in charge of the garage sale said that the owner bught the bike to use on his paper route. it was pretty tough looking frame wise but had good wheels and pretty new tires. I gave it to Logan, he road it a bit to get a feel for it and then decided to strip it down and paint it. Next we ventured into the single speed realm. This was a learning experience for both of us and has really tested our patience during the fine tuning stages. It has a vertical drop down and requires a tensioner to be installed. Logan has finally figured out the trick to the adjustment. We don't look to be converting one of these again any time soon. He is going to try and sell it so that we can find a more adaptable bike for single speed travel.


Update, Logan is selling it to Brennan minus the seat...


Trek 360 Road Bike 1988



Huffy times two...


Trek 7100 WSD 2009
My wonderful Wife's bike, bought new from Madison Davis. It is the perfect style for Laura with an upright sitting position for more comfort. We went with a bag for now and may progress to a basket in the future. We got this bike because we really wanted to start riding together more and also so Laura could ride more with some of the neighbor ladies. It is a very nice bike and she really likes it a lot.



I will start off with my reliable work horse...

Schwinn Sidewinder (1062) 1993
I bought this bike new at Madison Davis Bike Shop and mainly because I was turning 35 years old and I guess I needed to prove to myself that I was still capable of riding a bike, and for a long distance. I informally joined the bike club in town and started riding a few week nights with them just to get into shape and see if I could handle it. It didn't take long to realize that this bike was not a road bike but I hung in there all the same. My next and biggest adventure was to sign up for a metric century ride. 

Since that time I have come back to this bike and asked it to be many things. I have kept it in its original form for the most part, swapping tires for more of a hybrid tire. Two years ago Caleb and I took bikes to Macomb and did some trail riding, that was a blast even thought it was 98 degrees that day riding thru the woods. We had a great time and the trails were pretty nice for my first real time doing that. 

Of late it has become a commuter bike to get me back and forth to work. Laura and the kids got me some bags and a computer one Christmas and now I can haul most anything. A few seasons back I logged 800 miles and this season I am pushing for 1000. I plan to retire the bike after this year. I will clean it up and sell it to someone so it can continue its biking life with a new owner.

Who Am I?